Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why I Finally Decided to Start Blogging...

This is my first blog post, so I thought it would be a good idea to explain why I finally decided to start blogging. My name is Robert, I am a 36 year old male. I am happily married and my wife and I have 2 wonderful children. I have never considered blogging until recently. With all of the political events that are happening around us lately, I have just been so consumed with thoughts and opinions. I need a way to release these thoughts on a regular basis. I often find myself discussing my opinions with co-workers, friends, or family. Most of the time, people do not agree with my point of view. Although I know that everybody has the right to their own opinion, I often find myself questioning their opinion. "How can anybody feel this way?" I have a very hard time understanding why people feel the way they do. Sometimes, I feel as though they have been programmed or "dumbed down" by our government and the elites that run our country. Now, I know this sounds arrogant on my part, but I can't lie. This is truely how I feel. So many people are too busy following American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, sports, or video games, that they have no desire to research and learn about the important issues of life. I also feel as if many people have been brainwashed into thinking that they are stupid. People always think that the doctors, or the government is always out for their best interest. They never question them. If a doctor says "you need this vaccine", without hesitation, they comply. When our government says "We need to go to war with Iraq because of 9/11", they sit back and believe it.

Anyway, I don't want to get into any issues in my introductory blog post. I will get into my beliefs and my thoughts later on. That is why I started this blog. I just want to get my feelings out on a day to day basis. So... Here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment